Tuesday 15 March 2011

My stag weekend


Healthy blueberry and banana muffins are only healthy if you eat one, not three.


So after we toasted the month of the stag and the hen with a small glass of champers, my husband-to-be left London for his stag do in Edinburgh on friday.

And I promptly settled down for a weekend of getting stuff done without him getting in the way/messing up the bathroom/complaining about me watching Location, Location.

I had a very productive time. I ticked off a few things on the never ending wedding-to-do list and also ticked off a couple of things on the list about the list. I think I have Compulsive List-Making Disorder. In fact, here's a list of what I did: (see!!)

- I started putting together our guest book for people to write us nice messages on the day.

- I made boxes for some special gifts for my Best Girls. (can't post pics cos sometimes they read...!)

- I made lots more felt dangly lovehearts.

- I stitched lots of tags on lots of napkins.

- I experimented with my makeup to test the longevity of my eyeshadow when applying a base first. It was nothing short of a miracle - why why WHY have I never used eyeshadow base before?? My sweaty eyelids will be a problem no more. (Do anyone elses eyelids sweat or am I a total freak?)

- I found a lippy that didn't make me look like Ronald Macdonald - and it actually stayed on through several cups of tea!(I think it's essential that I also test with champagne. And cake.) I'm a bit rubbish with lippy, I usually just slap on some lip-gloss cos it doesn't rely on a mirror or a neat application to look good. But my fiance always complains about my sticky lips when he kisses me, and a groom that's also wearing lip-gloss after he snogs me at the altar isn't a good look is it?

- I sniffed many perfumes in search of something light and floral for the big day. I think I found one that smells like fresh daisies, but want my fiance's approval. It'd be awful if he thought I was a stinker on the day wouldn't it?

- I made a wicked curry and also healthy blueberry and banana muffins. Bugger all to do with the wedding, just for the fun of stuffing my face.

So all in all, I did well.

By sunday afternoon however, I admit I was missing my fiance. Although Toby's an intelligent dog, there's only so much he really understands and even he was getting annoyed with me talking to him cos it was disturbing his naps.

Then, at 11pm, my fiance stumbled through the door, looking (and smelling) a little worse for wear. He'd left as a stag and returned as a tramp. But at least no limbs were broken and nothing was shaved.

He didn't reveal much (what goes on tour stays on tour blah de blah blah) but it didn't take Bergerac to work out that he'd spent much of his weekend inside a pub. I am sure there are other gory details, but I really don't need to know how many times they were sick, who went missing, who upset the locals, who instigated a trip to a strip club (oh come on, they must have done right?) or how many whiskies were poured down my future husband's throat. Because, I think I can guess.

Lots of sewing = lots of needle related injuries.

Thirty napkins done, thirty more to go...

Bloody good lamb and cauli curry with carrot salad and chapattis. Nom Nom.

"Toby, what do you think of the current situation in the middle east? And shall we watch Waking the Dead now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment