Tuesday 10 May 2011

Four more sleeps


Lou wishes she'd taken her wedding diet a bit more seriously

Today is my final day at work before we get married. SQUEAL!

This evening we head off to the 'Shire to prepare for our Big Day. And what a surreal feeling it all is. I can't believe we have reached this point, it always felt like it was a million miles away. And now it's here.

It's hard to describe how I feel - rather like a big pile of nerves and excitement all bundled into a butterfly farm in my tummy. It's just such a big milestone, a mammoth turning point in life. But it's all so lovely too. I can't wait to see all our favourite people, and most of all I can't wait to call my fiance my husband. Oh god, I'm filling up!!

Last night was a massive packing frenzy - we each had to pack twice. Once for the run up to The Big Day and second for our honeymoon. How I have managed to pack three weeks worth of clothing into a rucksack is still beyond nothing short of a miracle. But there's something quite nice about being super-strict and only taking the bare minimum. Something I have never been able to do in the my entire history of packing for trips. I can't even go to work without taking a jumbo rucksack full of stuff I never use or need.

Tomorrow the marquee arrives - I can't wait to see that go up. I have never been truly able to properly picture how on earth we'd fit 50 people in a tent on Mom's garden. (Despite the marquee man reassuring us it would definitely hold 100.) So I hope that all works out ok.

And in between getting all jittery, making lists and having anxiety dreams (the one about the goth/vampire party in the toilets next to the tent was more than bizarre. Not sure what that says about my subconscious? And the one with the see-through wedding dress was a worry. Note to self: double check no-one can see my knickers) I've been fannying about trying to work out a little speech.

Now I don't want to ramble on, as I am sure no-one wants their toes to curl in their nice new wedding shoes as I reduce to a blubbering emotional wreck and declare my love to everyone. Which could happen if I have too much champers. I just want to say a little tiny thank you, because throughout the planning, I've been utterly blow away by how supportive and helpful everyone has been and how people have bent over backwards to help.

If it wasn't for many of the favours we'd pulled in, we'd be huddled around our four man tent with a family bag of kettle chips and a bumper pack of sausage rolls.

Finally, I've been saying all along that I don't care what the weather does, but its been glorious for weeks on end this last few months, and it's spoilt me. I'd love it if the sun shone on the day. But hey, there's nothing I can do, it can't be controlled. And anyway, it's an excuse to wear my wellies if it rains.

So I might try and hop back on here with a quick update if I get a mo. But my Fiance and I will be up to my armpits in fairy lights, fairy cakes, teapots and bunting for the next three days I imagine. And Mom's internet connection is a bit dodgy, rather like when the internet was first invented and you have to watch the screen loading for 30 minutes before you could do anything. I think it's powered by hamsters.

So if you don't see me...I'll be back in three and a half weeks with a FULL report! Wooooooooo!!!

1 comment: