Thursday 7 April 2011

A teensy bit of fame


While organising our wedding, I have become addicted to having a good old nosey at how other people are doing theirs. This includes watching programmes like Don't Tell The Bride and Four Weddings (so bad they are good), hoovering up bridal mags and reading lots of wedding blogs.

I think a lot of it is to do with the creativity involved in planning a wedding. You suddenly find yourself being a set designer (what will the reception look like? How can I decorate it? How many fairy lights will the garden need?) an art director (how do we want the photos to look? How shall we design the invites?) a florist (suddenly I'm a mini-expert on spring blooms and colours), a make-up artist (I have discovered a foundation that makes my skin look beautiful, rather than muddy!), a wine taster (yum!) a needleworker (I think I have too many felt love-hearts) and whatever the official name is for a person who thinks of 'finishing touches'.

So I guess, as someone who loves the creativity of it all, it's nice to see what other brides do and absorb ideas like a sponge.

So imagine my delight when Claire, the lovely blogger of English–Wedding.com, read this very blog (because I sent it to her!) and asked me to write a guest post for her.

So now, maybe my ideas will be read by other brides (and I'm secretly hoping that a book publisher will read too, offer me a book deal which will then lead to a movie and huge amounts of fame and fortune. Or am I totally getting carried away here?!)

Anyway - big thank you to Claire for bigging up my ridiculous ramblings. It's an honour to appear on such an inspiring blog! Anyway, check out my half a minute of fame:

http://english-wedding.com/2011/04/a-wedding-bloggers-wedding-tips/

1 comment:

  1. Me and my partner are getting married in 2013.....ages yet, but have become like most brides an addict to all things wedding, I must check 4 different blogs daily! The English wedding blog is one and since yore article I have read all your blog, and must congratulate you it’s amusing and your style of writing is great, I don’t see why the book deal is to far flung.
    Our wedding budget is only 6k and we are going for rustic vintage village fete theme if that is one!?
    kirsty (bride to be ...2013)

    ReplyDelete