Wednesday 24 November 2010

Ballcocks



Here’s a big decision which I never thought I’d never have to make for my wedding - have we got enough toilets?

You see that’s the thing about creating your own venue - you do have to think about absolutely everything. If we were hiring a pub or a castle or whatever we wouldn’t have to worry about the loos. But we're not.

So while most brides are flapping about their hair or their shoes. I find myself querying the correct ratio of people to bogs. And of course, I have to add into this equation factors like excess wine/beer guzzling, drunk blokes and such like.

Doug the Marquee Man says he can supply some fancy portable loos that play music. Which would come in handy if the DJ equipment failed. But mom also has two downstairs toilets. So do we or don’t we?

Mum finally helped make the decision. She sent me a text saying “I’m worried about my overstretched ballcock!”

That’s settled then. The last thing the mother of the bride should be worrying about on her daughter’s wedding day is the inner workings of the porcelain.

1 comment:

  1. So we are getting porcelain not plastic cubby holes.....?
    Am impressed!!!
    Emx

    ReplyDelete