Tuesday 9 November 2010

I'm engaged!


I’ve been engaged for nearly 6 months and I still can’t quite believe it. I never thought I would get married. No - what I mean is, I never thought I’d be lucky enough to find someone who would put up with me. But I did, and it’s a lovely feeling. My future hubby (that sounds weird. And grown up. I'm going to have a husband. Crikey.) popped the question in lovely Lulworth in Dorset and we set a date pretty much straight away. And as the months fly by and the planning of our big day becomes more comical/surreal/nerve wracking I just wanted to wallow in my final months as a spinster of the parish by keeping a diary. I also wanted to enjoy over-using phrases and words like husband-to-be and fiance, because lets face it, after next May 14th I won’t be able to use them in the same way again.

Wow. I’m going to be a married woman. (See what I mean? It’s funny seeing that sentence in black and white.) So this is just a little bit of self indulgence on my part. I hope you enjoy following my journey into wedlock. (Journey into wedlock. Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment