Thursday 18 November 2010

Everyone mucking in



The lovely thing about a limited budget is that it makes you think creatively. You look for cost effective ways to decorate the venue and make everything exactly as you want it.

And what's even nicer about a limited budget, is that it gets everyone involved. Hiring a photographer would blow a 3rd of our budget - and we aren't really the sort of people who do formal, staged pictures. With us it's all about the natural look. And if shots are wonky, even better. So I have asked one of my three Best Girls (not bridesmaids!!) to take some pics for us. She has a good eye for photography and I know she'll be brill.

Then we decided fairy cakes would fit our country theme nicely - so me and mum are making them together. And as luck would have it, my mother-in-law-to-be used to be a hairdresser. So she's in charge of that department. (She may need a small miracle to get my fairy-fine cobweb barnet to do anything though. Limpness is what it does best.)

And it's amazing how many people have stepped forward offering to help out. We are genuinely blessed with wonderful friends and family. And as I say, it makes the whole event feel much more inclusive than if we'd just hired a room where everything was sorted for us.

I love it.

Anyway, the point of this waffle was to talk about being creative. My extremely talented graphic designer husband-to-be (*squeal*) is taking care of the invites and instigated the colour scheme. So I am looking for neat ways to add pretty touches that won't cost an arm and a leg. And while looking for ideas. I found this wonderful website www.paper-and-string.co.uk

I'm already tinkering around with a side project of cute felt Christmas decorations, but absolutely love the little love hearts...I think they will have to feature somewhere.

1 comment: