Tuesday 16 November 2010

Small usher mix up


Josh is my 18 year old brother, he's a bit of a superstar because he has mild autistic tendencies and a few learning difficulties. But he's come a long way since his diagnosis when he was small and I'm so very proud of him. He has us in stitches and he's an absolute legend.

So that's why we asked Josh if he'd like to be an usher.

Now one of Josh's 'symptoms'(for want of a better word) is that he often takes things quite literally. So we asked him if he’d like to be an Usher. A look of panic crossed his face.

“But I’m not black and I can’t rap!”

We had to gently explain that he didn’t need to turn himself into a popular R&B artist for our day, and it was actually a lot simpler than that. I think he was relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment