Tuesday 4 January 2011

Hello cabbage soup


Ah here we are. January 2011. It's my first day back at work and already Christmas seems a million miles away. Despite severe weather conditions and small earthquakes, we did make it to our cottage in the Lake District. We were so relieved, we got drunk. And remained drunk for the entire two week break. It was a marathon of beer and wine consumption and a diet that consisted mainly of beige food. With lots of sofa-snoozing in between. It was bliss.

And now we are back, I am breaking into cold sweats every time I think about getting into the wedding dress. All that eating and minimal-movement has certainly taken it's toll. Especially when I know we came back with quite a lot of leftover festive food. The two boxes of mince pies, selection box and chocolate orange are all laughing at me, I can hear them every time I walk into the kitchen. They know I am weak. They know I can't say no. They know I am a right greedy cow.

But there can be no more pie-based snacks. There can be no nibbling chocolate or cheese from the fridge because 'it doesn't count when you are standing up.' The serious countdown has officially begun. It's full steam ahead on the wedding planning and I have just under five months to ensure I don't end up wearing the marquee, rather than partying in it.

So I have to get back on track and focus on the frock. Lots of cycling and plenty of vegetable soup. That's my plan. Ryvita anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment