Thursday 10 February 2011

A bit of a moment




My husband to be picked up his wedding suit and shoes at the weekend.

And after much debate about whether it was unlucky for me to see it, and deciding that no it wasn't, last night he tried it on.

It fit perfectly, those posh blokes on Jermyn Street certainly knew what they were doing. He looked amazing and I think it's fair to say that I had a bit of a moment. I sort of filled up a little bit.

You see, as we creep ever closer to the big day, it's all starting to become more and more real. Before Christmas, it didn't really feel 'real'. Weddings and marriage are a huge part of life and so much time is spent searching for 'the one' and wondering who on earth you'll be spending the rest of your life with. And when it finally happens, it's almost hard to believe that it has.

But now, as plans are slowly coming together, I think I am starting to believe it. And even though I am also starting to feel a little nervous, I am also really excited. It's the start of a new adventure of us - but it also feels completely natural and normal and just a continuation of our journey so far. The next chapter if you like.

So that's why, once I saw my fiance all suited and booted, it bought a tear to my eye. I could actually picture him standing in church. And it started sinking in that I am going to be a wife, I am going to have a husband and I am going to be Mrs Shipley.

I also thought to myself that I hope he likes my dress as much as I like his suit.

And I hope he doesn't drop his pork bap down his waistcoat.

1 comment: