Tuesday 22 February 2011

A nice mother daughter moment.


Mom's bedroom. All that's missing is the till.



After a few months of avoiding lard and saying no to wine (I'm gasping) I decided I should try my wedding dress on again, just to see if the monotony of calorie counting had actually made any difference.

So while up in 'Shire this weekend, I slipped it on. To my utter delight, being a complete weight-loss bore had paid off and the dress fit beautifully. Losing a bit of blubber off my hips and tum and helped make it hang better, and even the bodice felt more comfy. I realised I can't really lose much more though or it will be hanging off. And it won't be funny if the dress slips down and reveals my underwear on the day will it?

It was nice to let Mom see me in it for the first time too, and she thought it was perfect. We then started thinking about accessories.

Now, Mom's dressing room (yes she has a dressing room!) is an absolute Aladdin's cave of jewellery, beads, necklaces, earrings, lipgloss, perfume, handbags and pretty much all things girlie. It's like a giant branch of Accessorize (but without the listless, gum-chewing sales assistant breathing down your neck.)

So we had a great time mooching through her vast collection trying out ideas for my jewellery. And then we stumbled upon the perfect necklace for me. I won’t give anything away in case my hubby-to-be reads, but I will say it’s a vintage piece and it's perfect for my frock.
I love the fact that it belongs to Mom too, it’s a nice touch to wear something of hers on the day. I'm also wearing Nanna's favourite cameo ring so that she can be with us on the day too and the necklace complements it perfectly.

Enjoying myself, I then made Mom try her outfit on too - she found it in a unique boutique in Much Wenlock, and had it altered so that it fit perfectly. She looked amazing - it's so very Mom. And then of course, we needed to think about her accessories.

I had to laugh, she just kept opening drawers and boxes and unwrapping tissue to reveal more and more sparkly, shiny things - I can see where my magpie tendencies come from now. At one point we had about three necklaces and four pairs of earrings that we couldn't decide between.

Then she said, "I might just buy something new." Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment